Phone and Video consultations
Medicare and phone billing changes during the Covid-19 Pandemic
Telephone appointments are readily available. Book via reception or online.
Our fees for phone consults are time based and are equivalent to our face to face consultation.
Some patients qualify to be bulk billed for this service.
Please see below the categories of patients eligible for bulk billed phone consults during the pandemic:
- Children under 16
- A concessional beneficiary (i.e. pensioners and Health Care Card holders)
- Those deemed at risk of COVID-19 virus. This means a person who:
- is required to self-isolate or self-quarantine in accordance with guidance issued by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee in relation to COVID-19; or
- is at least 70 years old; or
- if the person identifies as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent — is at least 50 years old; or
- is pregnant; or
- is the parent of a child aged under 12 months; or
- is being treated for a chronic health condition; or
- is immune compromised; or
- meets the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection.